What is provided for you
and what you will need to bring…
During Covid restrictions we do not provide crockery, cutlery or pans.
~ Hallway with 240v lighting, USB power point, coat hooks and staircase.
~ Main room with 12v lights, 240v power, USB points, wood-burner, tables, chairs and sofa.
~ Kitchenette with camping-style cooker (two rings and a grill), shelving and table
~ Private washroom with basin which drains to outside, washing-up bowl and dish-rack, duck-board for standing on for personal washing, hooks for towels etc. NB no running water – see below.
- Bedroom with 240v and 12v lighting, 4 single futon mattresses, two Velux windows, gas heater, low table, cushions.
- Outside is a small tarmac yard to the front, with loading/unloading area, space for barbecues, water-butt.
- Portaloo chemical toilet is located in the side yard.
- A fence separates the Bothy from the adjoining moorland. A snicket gate opens onto the common at the rear.
- Gateway onto the main A6, which is now mostly a quiet road since the M6 motorway was opened, but there are some heavy lorries, and some traffic noise, mainly in the mornings. Nights are very quiet indeed.
- Two very large lay-bys for ample parking within 70 yards.
- Footpaths and bridleways within 200 yards.
The Bothy accommodates up to 8 people. In the upstairs there are 4 futon mattresses for the first 4 people to sleep on; additional guests can make use of the upstairs seating cushions or bring their own lilos, carrymats etc.
Bedding for up to 4 people is available for hire or you can bring your own.
Provided for you and included in your booking charge
- Electric lighting and mains sockets for low-level use eg phone/laptop charging. (Subject to availability of sun and wind!)
- Gas cooker – 2 rings and a grill (gas supplied)
- 10L drinking water per day, and large canisters of water for washing, washing-up etc. (Up to three days supply of water is provided)
- PLEASE NOTE:
- The following are NOT available during Covid restrictions
- Crockery, cutlery and cooking equipment including kettle
- Tea towel and hand towel
- Futon mattresses for 4 people (but up to 8 people are welcome)
FUEL FOR WOODBURNER & USE OF GAS FIRE
- Your booking charge per night includes :
- 1 bag of dry, locally sourced wood (ample for most people’s requirements in an evening),
- a basket of kindling and sufficient firelighters,
- use of upstairs gas fire.
- BEDDING NOT AVAILABLE DURING COVID RESTRICTIONS
Bedding hire (sheet, duvet & duvet cover, pillow & pillowcase, blanket, hand towel) per stay is £15 for up to 2 people, and £5 each for additional guests (up to maximum of 4). Currently we do not have the facilities to provide bedding for more than 4 guests. The bedding charge is payable after booking but the hire must be arranged and paid for before your stay
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU (ALL BOOKINGS)
- Bedding including pillows and blankets
- All kitchen equipment, cutlery and crockery (During Covid)
- Soap and toiletries
- Torch – it can be very dark outside when there isn’t much of a moon!
- Extra blankets if the weather is very cold.
- We recommend warm clothes, waterproofs, good shoes/boots
- Map and compass if you are going to be walking in the area